Saturday 17 December 2011

Hourglass by Myra McEntire


  • Hardcover: 390 pages
  • Publisher: Egmontusa (14 Jun 2011)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 1606841440
  • ISBN-13: 978-1606841440
  • One hour to rewrite the past . . .

    For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

    So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
    Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?
  • Cover: Serious cover love for this book.  Definitely one of my favourite covers of 2011.  It's so simple- oh it's a girl walking towards a door, what?! Wait a sec! nooo she's actually on a wall walking towards the floor!  Simple but it just looks cool.  Plus it is one of those gorgeous buttery covers that just make me swoon.
  • 5/5 stars! I loved this book.  From the moment that I picked it up I was hooked.  I didn't want to put it down and when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it.  
  • I really like the protagonists name, Emerson Cole and the love interest Michael was VERY swoon worthy.
  • The overall plot was great and very well paced-I was never bored while reading.  
  • The romance was my favourite aspect of this book.  Emerson and Michael are not allowed to be together as Hourglass rules (an Emerson's protective brother) don't allow it but there is this real connection between them and you really do feel it and definitely root for them to somehow be together.  It's beautifully done.
  • There were definitely some surprises that I didn't see coming!
  • Needless to say I am pining away for book 2, Timepiece, that is released June 2012 but the ending of this book, whilst leaving some things open didn't end on a MAJOR cliffhanger so while I am excited for book 2 the end of book 1 was satisfying enough that I wasn't disappointed and completely on edge.
  • I would definitely recommend this for fans of paranormal YA fiction, it is a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment