Thursday 15 March 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.  



Have you ever used a book to instruct someone of something or is there anyone for whom you would like to do that? (I don’t mean a text book for a class, but a work of fiction or non-fiction that would get a certain message across either through plot or character). What is the book and what do you wish to impart?
I have to be honest and say that I haven't ever really done this.  I mean I make recommendations based on what I think people will like, or if I've been totally blown away by a book I won't shut up about it for weeks or months etc but I've never done it with a view of teaching someone something.

6 comments:

  1. I have never really done this either. You can see my full BTT response here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either, totally agree with you. Here's my BTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kelly and Boriquaz, I've never done that either. However, I give books away and share my books with others, but they do the choosing of which books they want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good question.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hope readers will "get" something from books I recommend. But, if it's fiction and well done, it shouldn't feel like a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't really done it to my peers!

    Here's my full response: http://blueeggbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday_16.html

    ReplyDelete