Sunday 1 April 2012

Run Rabbit Run by Kate Johnson

Received for review


Paperback: 350 pages
  • Publisher: Choc Lit (7 April 2012)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 1906931739
  • ISBN-13: 978-1906931735
Sophie’s in trouble. Must be Tuesday.
Sophie Green’s an ex-spy, or trying to be. You wouldn’t believe the trouble she’s in. An MI5 officer has been shot with her gun, her fingerprints all over his office. And no, she didn’t kill him.

But she has gone on the run.

Now Sophie’s desperately seeking whoever’s trying to frame and kill her. She’s being forced to work with the least trustworthy man in Europe, MI5 is following her every move, and she’s had to leave the tall, blond, god of a man she loves behind.

Luke Sharpe works for MI6. Or did, until his girlfriend became a murder suspect.

Doing nothing wasn’t an option, so he started investigating. Who cares if it is means jeopardising his career? Sophie’s everything he used to say he never wanted. Young, irresponsible, bright and mad. Now she’s just everything – and she has to live.

She will live, won’t she?



A huge thank you to ChocLit for sending this to me for review.


Cover: I love the sleek, sexy cover, and the pink and black looks great.


Move over Stephanie Plum, Sophie Green's about!
I really enjoyed this book apart from one thing (which is definitely a spoiler so I'll write that in a separate part at the end of this review).  
This is book 5 in the Sophie Green Mysteries but works as a stand alone.  I haven't read the first four books but I kind of wish I had.
The plot is a great action mystery, with some comedy thrown into the mix.  The great thing about this book is that we get both Sophie and Luke's perspective.  We know what's happening both at home and on the run, and how both characters are feelings.  Chick lit hardly ever includes the male's perspective but I really enjoyed this and so will be checking out other ChocLit releases.
I definitely recommend this for ChickLit readers.  It's a brilliant light and fun read that you'll devour quickly.  For me I give Run Rabbit Run 4/5 stars.  One thing let it down for me and I'm having trouble forgiving it because it ruined it a little for me.  But fans of the genre will love it, and having Luke's perspective as well definitely made it more enjoyable.


SPOILER!!!
Seriously if you don't want this book spoiled look away.  I don't normally include spoilers in my reviews but this one was pivotal to my feelings about the book that the review makes little sense unless you know the major thing that I actually hated about it.  Ok.... towards the end of the book Sophie cheats on Luke.  Actually sleeps with another guy and to me that was unforgivable.  I mean, while she was being hunted she risked being caught to go visit Luke and sleep with him and then a few days later she sleeps with someone else, while still officially with Luke.  She goes on about how she loves and how perfect he is (he kinda is, I loved him myself) and then she can do that.  I really liked her ditzy, comical character before that, but after I kind of hated her, and when she was being hunted by a psychopath killer I suddenly couldn't muster the sympathy.  I kind of didn't care whether she died because of what she did.  And sure that may make me a bad person (I'm sure I wouldn't react the same to this situation in real life but in my fiction I'm particular about what I like, and cheating isn't it).  This ruined the rest of the book for me.  I was loving it SO much until this point.  Until then in my mind I was like OMG THIS IS GONNA BE A 5/5 STARS!  And I was left a little crushed to be honest.  She doesn't deserve Luke.
Rant. Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment