Sunday 12 August 2012

Unlovable by Sherry Gammon


  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 582 KB
  • Print Length: 341 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1461060524
  • Publisher: Wordpaintings Unlimited; 1 edition (19 Jan 2011)
  • Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
  • Soon to made into a movie!
    Unlovable is the debut novel for author Sherry Gammon, and is the first novel in the Port Fare Series.
    Seventeen year-old Maggie Brown is truly the poster child for Heroin Chic, complete with jutting bones and dark-ringed eyes. But drugs are not Maggie's problem... her mother is.
    Maggie’s struggling with her growing feelings for the new guy at school, Seth Prescott, and fears he is just another person who will let her down, like everyone in her life has done thus far.
    Seth Prescott is an undercover cop assigned to Port Fare High, and despite his job, he’s developed strong feelings for Maggie.
    Seth’s working tirelessly to flush out the sadistic drug peddlers that have invaded the small town of Port Fare, New York, while Maggie fights to stay alive as the search turns deadly.
    Seth and Maggie’s romantic journey is one of humor, heartbreak and self-discovery as their world is about to change forever.
  • Cover: Eerie and beautiful cover.  This is what first grabbed my attention.  Love it.
I've wanted to read this book for some time now- ever since its gorgeous cover grabbed my attention.  I way reluctant to buy it for my Kindle because I really wanted a physical copy, again because of the beautiful cover, and of course Kindle only shows it in black and white.  But I finally caved and had enough of waiting to read it.  And I'm so glad that I did.
This was a fantastic contemporary.  Gritty and a little dark, with a swoon worthy romance, making it an undeniably beautiful read.
Maggie and Seth were fantastic protagonists.   Maggie has been emotionally deprived and abused by her alcoholic mother, and yet while she has some trust issues, she remains a wonderful, kind human being.
And Seth...well I just loved him.  Kind, considerate, (hot) and he doesn't believe for a minute that Maggie is involved in heroin as his partner, Booker, initially did.
Booker and Cole are great secondary characters and I really look forward to their books in the series, as well as seeing more of Maggie and Seth.
Their romance was beautiful and I highly recommend this contemporary. 5/5 stars! I completely devoured it and read it in a day.  It reminded me of Cindy C. Bennett's Heart on a Chain which is one of if not my favourite contemporary reads.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much!! I'm glad you enjoyed Unlovable and I really appreciate the review! If you want to do a giveaway let me know! Thank you, Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love to do a giveaway :)

      Delete
  2. Just let me know. mywordpaintings -at- g Mail

    ReplyDelete