Thursday 10 January 2013

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week. 


It’s my Dad’s birthday today, which makes me wonder … do you like to give books as gifts?
I’m usually torn. I love giving and sharing books, but it can be hard. The giftee can be difficult to please, or you don’t know what they’ve read (or what they thought of books they have read). Even people who love to read and love to get books can be hard to gift books to … so, does that make you pause and reach for the neckties or DVDs or sweaters … anything BUT a book at gift-giving time? How do you feel about getting books yourself? Are you picky or easy? (For the record, I’m told I’m VERY hard to buy for, even though I’ll read just about anything … go figure.

I normally do give books as presents or at least as part of someone's present.  I think it's because I spend so much time looking at books- either online or in bookstores, that when I see something that I think suits someone I get it because I hope they'd enjoy reading it as much as I like being given books as presents.
Yes- I love being given books as presents.  They're the best present anyone can ever give me.  I know it's quite difficult for friends and family to get me them though as they struggle to keep up with what I have and don't have etc.

2 comments:

  1. Very rarely do I receive a book...it's usually a gift card, which I enjoy. Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that unless I've been given a book I specifically asked for or was on my wish list, I don't always read them right away, even if it's one I think I'll like. Not sure why. I do love gift cards though!
    2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

    ReplyDelete