Thursday 7 February 2013

Booking Through Thursday


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week. 

Do other people influence what you choose to read? When a family member recommends something, or a friend says they hated a book you were planning to read … does it affect your reading choices?

I definitely think I'm influenced.  However not by my family.  A lot of my family aren't readers, my mum is but she loves her crime books, mostly Martina Cole, which don't appeal to me.
My friend got me into watching the T.V. show Rizzoli & Isles, which she loves because she's a massive fan of the books, which has made me want to read them.
But I'm mostly influenced through friends on Goodreads and Booktube.  I think we're all guilty of it.  We see what they're reading, or have marked as to-read, we look it up, and bam!  We want to read it.
I tend to look at both positive and negative reviews.  If there's someone that has very similar taste to me, and has rated tons of books the same, I may be more influenced by them, but normally if I love the sound of a book, in the end, I'll probably pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment