Monday 8 April 2013

Wait For You by J. Lynn

Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 523 KB
  • Print Length: 332 pages
  • Publisher: J. Lynn (26 Feb 2013)
  • Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
  • Language: English
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…

Cover:  A totally cute, romantic cover that inspires the warm fuzzies.  Love it.

Continuing with me new New Adult obsession.
I could hardly the avoid the hype surrounding this book.
J Lynn (aka Jennifer L. Armentrout) is an immensely popular YA/NA author, and before this I had only read one of her books (Cursed) and freaking loved it.  Instantly making her one of my new favourite authors, and ad my dying to read her Lux series (yes, I know...I will get to it I promise).
So when I saw across Facebook, Goodreads and Twitter, that she would be releasing a New Adult contemporary I screamed inside.
I was definitely excited to read a new favourite author writing a new favourite genre.
I was not disappointed.
It had everything I want in a book.
Gripping plot-lines, swoon-worthy romance and top notch writing.  And the serious side of the storyline was handled beautifully.
I loved Avery.  Her inner monologue was sometimes so hilarious.  And I think that's what I love most about Jennifer L. Armentrout, is that readers see themselves in her characters.  I found Avery extremely relatable because all of her awkward moments or sarcastic barbs, I could see myself doing and saying.
Cam...boy-oh-boy was he honest-to-goodness-hotness.
Hilarious and sweet.
One of the best love interests ever.  
Their romance was so beautiful.  I loved that they grew as friends first, but the chemistry, and sexual tension! OMG THE PAGES WERE PRACTICALLY SMOKING!
I have zero criticisms about Wait For You because it was amazing, and I loved it.
There were a couple of editing errors, but they weren't anything major and they didn't detract from anything, because the story was just too engrossing so I just didn't give a crap.
This has definitely been added to me favourite shelf.  This is without the best New Adult novel I've read so far, and the only one I've given 5/5 stars at the moment!  It was that good.
Definitely pick this one up.  If you already love New Adult novels it's a must.  If you've wanted to try one but don't know where to start- it's a must.
Basically...it's a must.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I like the sound of this one. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete