- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 943 KB
- Print Length: 330 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Struggling to put her life back together after a tragic mountaineering accident kills her college sweetheart, twenty-one-year-old Holly Treadwell is trying to set aside her grief, forge ahead in school, and find herself again.
- When Carter Hansen, a guy who brings back horrible memories from the night of the accident, finds his way back into her life, Holly’s unsure if she should let him in. He terrifies her in more ways than one and invokes feelings in her that she thought were buried forever. Regardless of her fears, she knows she must face him in order for her heart to heal.
- Everyone tells Carter that what happened on the mountain that night was just a terrible accident, but even then, he can’t help but carry around the guilt and is unable to forgive himself. He’s drawn to Holly and being near her helps ease his conscience and gives him the release he needs.
As Holly and Carter’s relationship grows, they begin to realize that the more time they spend with one another, the more their wounds begin to heal—her grief and his guilt. But when Holly learns the details about the night of the accident—what everyone has been keeping from her—it will rip open old wounds and tear apart what they’ve both worked so hard to overcome…
Cover: Really like the colours on this cover.
As you guys know, I've been loving New Adult Contemporary reads, so when I heard about this one, I knew I wanted to give it a read.
And I definitely enjoyed it.
It's a novel about love, loss, and life. Learning to love and feel again after tragedy.
I loved the premise of the plot and generally how everything went down.
The only issues I had with it were that it wasn't very gripping- there was no point that I was totally hooked and couldn't put it down.
The other being that I didn't feel any of the supposed chemistry between Holly and Carter. Literally nothing. There have been couples that I've read where the chemistry practically sets the pages on fire- but this one left them stone cold for me.
Over all I did enjoy it, and would recommend giving it a try!