Thursday 25 July 2013

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.

My best friend is moving across country, heading back to the East Coast for the first time after years of living in California, and one of the things she’s lamented was the whole packing-the-books thing. Having moved a few years ago myself (whittling down my 3000-volume library to 2000-volumes and still ending up with something like 50 boxes of books), I sympathize.
So … the question is–what kind of moving experiences have you had with your books? (Or, just in general if you’ve got good Moving Day stories–and who doesn’t?) Did having to pack and move your books cause any changes in your book-collecting habits? Make you wish you had everything on an e-reader? Feel free to discuss! (grin)

I haven't moved for a while, about 9 years now.  And while I've always been a reader, the last time I moved I didn't have anywhere near as many books as I do now.  Before I had one shelf.  I now have five.
I don't remember it being an issue, just managed to pack up like everything else.
But now it would be a nightmare!  I think I'll need a moving van JUST for the books.
As much as I love my Kindle, and it obviously helps with storage, but I just love the physical books more.

No comments:

Post a Comment