Wednesday 18 September 2013

Playing The Odds by Nora Roberts

  • Paperback: 560 pages
  • Publisher: Mills & Boon (2 Aug 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0263904598
The cards were stacked, though neither of them knew it. Serena MacGregor's father left nothing to chance when he sent Justin Blade -- part Comanche and all gambler -- on a Caribbean cruise. His daughter was evading her responsibility to produce grandchildren by working as a blackjack dealer on the CELEBRATION. Odds were they'd meet.

Serena's father had his hopes riding on what would happen when they did. Win, lose or draw, they were meant for each other, proving indisputably in this case that lucky in cards did not mean unlucky in love.



Cover:  It's a cute little cover.

Ok.  I collect Nora Robert's books, picking them up sporadically either from discount bookstores or supermarket charts.  And Some of hers I've loved (cough, cough...WHISKEY BEACH!!!) and there's been others I've liked less.  But I've read a couple in her MacGregor family, and they've been some of my favourites.  As I've read them all out of order (due to the whole picking them up sporadically thing) I hadn't read Justin and Serena's book, and it's one that I've wanted to for a while, so when it appeared in the supermarket chart, I got it and read it the next day.  And I do mean in that day.
It's a short little romance.  I loved finally knowing they're story, but I feel the 'dominant, alpha male' thing was overdone.  One minute Serena is all independent and fiery, and the next thing he almost brow beats her (not physical abuse- just to be clear).
Over all I really enjoyed it.  A definite quick, escapist read.
4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment