Thursday 24 October 2013

Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

  • Paperback: 416 pages
  • Publisher: Entangled (14 Aug 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1620610116
  • Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

    Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

    Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

    The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

    But then everything changes…

    I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

    No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies….
Cover:  I'm loving this shade of purple.  Oh and the sexy couple on the cover that are perfect for Daemon and Katy.  Yeah I love them.  Seriously two of the best cover models ever.
 
After blazing through and freaking loving book one- Obsidian, I couldn't wait and immediately picked up Onyx.
I found this one to be  slower pace wise than Obsidian and I loved Kat in book 1 but for much of this one she was face-palm inducing.  Her thought processes and decision making were infuriating and backward, and really painful to read.  Mostly regarding Blake.  How she could be so blindly stupid and trust him after Daemon said lord knows how many times not to trust him.
Other than that...I still loved it.
Daemon has a lot to do with that.  The sexyness, the arrogance, the sarcasm.  And when he stars saying to Kat that he finds reading sexy?  Yeah I may have swooned.
Over all everything was amped up in this one- the attraction, the suspense and mystery- mostly surrounding the DoD and Daemon's brother Dawson.  The ending eing a big reveal to lead on to book 3- which I'm really looking forward to starting.
The sexual tension and chemistry between Daemon and Kat just sizzles off the page.
This has become one of my new favourite series.  I still loved it- but it wasn't as perfect as Obsidian mostly because of Kat turning into Bella Swan for a moment there (I hate to use that as a comparison, but it's an accurate one).
4.5/5 stars.
I highly recommend this series and am really looking forward to more of it unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment