Thursday 5 December 2013

Crash into You by Katie McGarry

ARC Received for review                                           
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: MIRA Ink (20 Dec 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1848452543

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


Cover:  When I first saw this cover, I liked it, but I didn't think it matched the image of Isaiah that I had in my head (where's the pierced ears?!?!?!) but it has grown on me.

Where do I start with this one?
Katie McGarry can do nothing wrong.
Pushing The Limits was a highlight of 2012 for me.  I read Dare You To earlier this year, and so was sooo excited to get to read Crash Into You.  As soon as it arrived for review (October) I knew I couldn't wait until December to read it.  So I read it straight away.
I flew through this!  I couldn't put it down. 474 pages went by so fast, and I could have kept turning pages forever.
Oh Isaiah how I love you.  
Isaiah uses his tattoos and piercing to throw out the 'don't mess with me' vibe, after struggling in the foster care system.  I really liked the bond between him, Noah and Beth that we see in the other books, so I was so excited for the focus to be on Isaiah.
Rachel feels smothered by her over protective family and struggles to live up to the example left by her dead sister.
The chemistry between Isaiah and Rachel was amazing.  I totally loved them as a couple.  Their romance was so sweet.  Isaiah's protective streak makes him so adorable.
I really enjoyed the cars element.  How it brought two seemingly opposite people together.
Highly recommend this, as well as the previous books by Katie McGarry- she can do nothing wrong.  One of my favourite authors.
5/5 stars without a doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment