Monday 5 May 2014

Seeking Crystal by Joss Stirling

Paperback: 258 pages
Published: October 4th 2012        
Publisher: Oxford University Press
ISBN: 0192793519
Benedicts #3
Sparks will fly . . . Passion will ignite . . .

Crystal Brook has always been the dud Savant in her family; paranormal powers just aren't her thing. Dropping out of school with a clutch of 'E' grades and no future, she lives in the shadow of her high-flying sister Diamond. On a trip to Denver, a chance encounter with the dashing Benedict brothers leaves Diamond head over heels in love and engaged to be married. Crystal, on the other hand, is unimpressed by their charms . . . in fact no boy can annoy her as much as Xav Benedict! Back in Venice, their families assemble for Diamond's wedding and a powerful enemy seizes the opportunity to attack. Crystal and Xav must join forces to save their loved-ones, unlocking a secret that, until now, has lain deeply buried . . .
Cover:  I really liked the cover for the first book in the series, Finding Sky, but the covers for book two and three are a bit boring.  There's nothing particularly exciting about them.
I loved book one in this series.  Book two was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first.  And this one was ok.
The over all plot of this one was sound.  I like the savant/soulfinder concept.
I really liked Xav, both in this book and over the course of the first two, so I conected to him straight away.
Crystal I had a harder time relating too.
I think that might have had something to do with the pacing.  I found it so slow.  To the point of boring in some places.
The connection between Xav and Crystal was sweet but I was just left wanting more from it. 
3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment