Sunday 15 June 2014

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy #1) by Anna Banks

  • Hardcover: 326 pages
  • Publisher: Feiwel & Friends (22 May 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1250003326
  • ISBN-13: 978-1250003324
  • Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...

    Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.
  • Cover:  I love this cover, it's gorgeous!  I love the shade of blue, the bubbles, and the metallic pink font is so beautiful.
  • I've wanted to read this book for a while now, but wanted to wait until the trilogy finished so I could marathon it, or at least read them close together.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
  • It was a really quick read.  I blazed through this in just two days.
  • I loved having both Emma and Galen's point of view.  I loved their characters, and their romance- I was rooting for them.
  • This book made me smile.
  • So much so that I had to pick up the sequel straight away.
  • Definitely recommend this series so far.
  • 4.5/5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. There aren't enough stories about Mer-people, I feel. I've always loved swimming, so I really like stories that somehow relate to mermaids (although I'm a convinced believer they don't exist ;) ). I'll have to check this series out! Great review and thanks for introducing me to the series! :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that wants more Mer-people books! I like the different lore behind this one.
      You'll have to let me know what you think of it if you pick it up :)

      Delete