Monday 1 September 2014

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens (15 Aug 2013)
Language: Unknown
ISBN-10: 1408834944
ISBN-13: 978-1408834947

Eighteen-year-old Celaena Sardothien is bold, daring and beautiful – the perfect seductress and the greatest assassin her world has ever known. But though she won the King’s contest and became his champion, Celaena has been granted neither her liberty nor the freedom to follow her heart. The slavery of the suffocating salt mines of Endovier that scarred her past is nothing compared to a life bound to her darkest enemy, a king whose rule is so dark and evil it is near impossible to defy. Celaena faces a choice that is tearing her heart to pieces: kill in cold blood for a man she hates, or risk sentencing those she loves to death. Celaena must decide what she will fight for: survival, love or the future of a kingdom. Because an assassin cannot have it all . . . And trying to may just destroy her.

Love or loathe Celaena, she will slice open your heart with her dagger and leave you bleeding long after the last page of the highly anticipated sequel in what is undeniably THE hottest new fantasy series.


Cover:  I love the covers for this series.  It's so nice when a cover matches perfectly the protagonist, the story- just perfection.

OH.  MY.  GOD.
Why have I not picked this book up before now?!?!
When I read Throne of Glass back when it came out- I absolutely fell in love with it, I thought it was flawless.
So why is has taken me this long to pick up the sequel, I have no idea- high expectations maybe.
But- this series is fantastic, it's already cemented as one of my favourites.
Celaena is one of the most kick-ass heroines in YA.  I was surprised at how grusome this book was in parts. Quite descriptive.
My heart went out to Celaena in this book- for both the highs and lows.
This book honestly put me through the emotional wringer.  One minute I was on such a giddy high, the next I had tears in my eyes, and suffering brutal heartache.
In Throne of Glass - I was undecided whether I was Team Dorian or Team Chaol, but...Chaol has stolen my heart.  I love him.  I actually love him.  Big book crush on that dude.
This sequel really ramped it up- adventure, fantasy, intrigue, death, love, betrayal, heartbreak, magic- this book has it all.
As well as a few twists and turns I did not see coming.
I highly recommend this series.  Highly anticipating reading book 3.
5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment