Monday 19 January 2015

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Ebury Press (Fiction) (28 Mar 2013)
Language: Unknown
ISBN-13: 978-0091953386

Love. Romance. Sex. There's a first time for everything...

As far as Bliss Edwards can tell, she's the last virgin standing, certainly amongst her friends. And she's determined to deal with the 'problem' as quickly and simply as possible.

But her plan for a no-strings one night stand turns out to be anything but simple. Especially when she arrives for her first class and recognises her hot new British professor.

She'd left him naked in her bed just 8 hours earlier...


Cover:  I like this re-jigged cover more than the originial, self-published cover.  Only a slight change, but I feel it just looks that little bit better.  It's not really how I picture the characters though.

As you guys are probably fully aware by now, I'm totally in love with the New Adult genre, and this is one that has done the rounds on Goodreads, so have wanted to pick up for a while, as I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Bliss is a virgin, doesn't want to be, but can't seem to turn her mind off enough to have sex.  Her friend decides to drag her out to bar so she can find the right guy for the job.  She does.  In Garrick.  They hit it off and the attraction and chemistry is instant.  But she freaks out and bails on him.  Only to find out he'll be her new theatre teacher.
I loved Garrick.  Hot.  British.  Literary buff.  And just plain buff actually.  Totally swoon worthy love interest.  I loved that the epilogue was in his POV, but I would have liked to have more of his POV, as I LOVE contemporary romance novels with alternating, dual perspectives.
I liked Bliss, and a lot of the time, her thoughts were scarily similar to my own.  I did find her insecurites were a tad much at times, and how with regards to her friend Cade, she didn't seem to know her own mind- which is very frustrating.
I flew through it, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Not the best New Adult novel I've read, but certainly not the worst.
4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment