Monday 9 March 2015

Deluge (River of Time #5) by Lisa T. Bergren

    20931089
  • Paperback: 430 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; first edition (3 Sep 2014)
  • ISBN-10: 1500784389
  • ISBN-13: 978-1500784386

The Bettarinis and Forellis have found rich fulfillment together in medieval Italia. But after fighting off countless enemies, they now must face the worst foe of all. As the Black Death closes in upon them, threatening everything and everyone they hold dear, Lia and Gabi–and the knights they love–must dig deep within to decide how they might remain safe…and if they need to risk it all in order to truly live as they’re called.




Cover:  I really enjoy the covers to this series, so love that this matches the others in the series.

The River of Time series is one of my all time favourite series.  
History, time travel, romance, medieval Italian knights, kick-ass heroines.
It's an amazing series.
So it was with both great excitement and trepidation that I picked up the final installment of the series.
And I was sucked right back in to the world.
And boy, this book didn't pull it's punches.  I've been left emotionally devastated by this book.
Characters I grew to love, were wiped out.
This book is set where the plague is imminent, so it was highly unlikely that all the characters I love where going to be left unscathed.
But I loved it.
My favourite book in the series?
No.  But was it necessary?
Yes.
If you haven't checked this series out, I highly recommend that you do.
If you never read another series that I recommend- read this one.
4.5/5 stars.

Read from November 11 to 14, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment