Sunday 29 March 2015

Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

    22561350
  • Hardcover: 533 pages
  • Publisher: Entangled Publishing; Spl Col edition (5 Aug 2014)
  • ISBN-10: 1622667336
  • ISBN-13: 978-1622667338

Don't miss Opposition, the fifth and final book in Jennifer L. Armentrout’s bestselling Lux series. Also included only in the print edition is Shadows, the prequel novella never before seen in print! "A thrilling ride from start to finish," says RT Book Reviews.

Opposition

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can’t believe Daemon stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.


Cover:  As much as I like this cover, I don't feel it matches the covers to the other books in the series.

I love Jennifer L. Armentrout.  And I love the Lux series.
So it was both with great excitement and trepidation that I picked up the final book in the series.
And I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I couldn't imagine how everything was going to pan out for the best.
I wasn't as 'hooked' with this one.  I didn't find what should have been the most exciting plot of them all, all that exciting.
But as always, I loved Daemon and Katy- and no one writes chemistry like Armentrout.
Over all, it was a great read, and a good end to the series- but I came away from it feeling like it could have been so much more.
3.5/5 stars.

Read from October 20 to 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment