Tuesday 30 June 2015

Teaser Tuesday 30/03/2015 'A Pound of Flesh'

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
    Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.

24928846

"No way."
"Way." The Playfulness ebbed from his face as he held her close.  His words were low and serious in her ear.  "I want you to know something."  He took a deep breath.  "I won't ever be that way with you.  I promise.  You deserve more than that.  I'm far from perfect, but I swear I'll do my best."
Kat relaxed into his chest.  "Do you know what a good person you are, Carter."
Carter let his nose touch the tip of hers.  "I'm not a good person, Kat-"
"Bullshit."  She turned in his arms.  Before he could argue, Kat pressed on.  "You saved my life."  She traced his lips with the tips of her fingers.  "Don't ever tell me you're not good."

No comments:

Post a Comment