Thursday 23 July 2015

Booking Through Thursday 23/07/2015 'Harper Lee'


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.

So … will you be reading Go Set a Watchman: A Novel? Why? Why not? What do you think of this whole deal? Harper Lee, after all, is famous for insisting she wouldn’t publish another book, and now this … and the controversy about Atticus? Discuss!

I won't be reading Go Set a Watchman: A Novel, at least not any time soon.
Because I haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird.  That- I've considered picking up recently because a few BookTuber friends have said it's their favourite book of all time, so I know how highly asteemed it is.
I have seen the controversy spring up regarding the sequel.  And the first thought that came to mind- was that it was a money spinner.  Cynical I know.
Seems odd that so many years later a sequel springs to life.
For fans I know how they must be feeling.  Half excitement that suddenly there's more from their favourite author and characters, half dread because their expectations are so high.
I think there will be a lot of escatic people out there, matched only by those that are disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only person left who has not yet read To Kill A Mocking Bird!
    You can read my response on my blog.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2015/07/booking-through-thursday-harper-lee.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Set a Watchman was written first, but not published. To Kill a Mockingbird was written later, but published. I've read both books, To Kill a Mockingbird was the better of the two books.

    ReplyDelete