Thursday 30 July 2015

Booking Through Thursday 30/07/2015 'Storage'

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday and a different question is posted every week.

"How do you store your books? On bookcases? In piles? In piles on bookcases? Are they sorted? Do you know where everything is? What’s the most creative storage you’ve seen or used for your books?"

I store my books on shelves- and I try to keep them as organised as possible- by author and genre.  
There are a couple of piles of books kept on my floor- but these are kept there so I know which books I need to show in my next book haul.  As soon as that is filmed- they get put away.
I don't have a physical To-Be-Read pile as I'm so fickle with what I 'feel' like reading next, that it would be a completely pointless exercise.
I also have several funky storage boxes in my room that have books in them.  While I don't like storing books this way- I simply don't have enough shelf space to do anything else.
I previously had such trouble with parting with books, even those I didn't like, that storage was becoming a problem.  But I've forced myself to get over that by having a massive book unhaul.
I unfortunately am just not creative when it comes to storing books.  I've seen some beautiful and unique shaped shelves but I simply do not have the space.  I'm all about storing the most books I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment