Monday 25 January 2016

Across a Moonswept Moor by Julie Moffett


Paperback
Publisher: Love Spell (Aug. 2001)
ISBN-10: 0505524481
ISBN-13: 978-0505524485

A love match...

An enchanted dagger bearing a mysteriously familiar inscription pointed Fiona Chancellor to Ireland in search of her missing cousin. Then a midnight visit to Celtic holy ground slid her into the seventeenth-century--and into the arms of the most gorgeous male she had ever seen. But after one clash with the stubborn man, Fiona longed only for her twentieth-century comforts.

Instead, she found herself pressed against Ian Maclaren, galloping across moonswept moors to escape death. The hot-blooded barbarian ordered her about as if she were a soldier. But his kisses left no doubt he thought of her as a woman, and soon she knew she would trade a thousand bubble baths for one of his passionate embraces. For although she had traveled across three centuries into the past, it had taken only a moment for her heart to recognize she had met her match.


Cover: Another typical romance cover, but I love it.

I re-read the first book in this duology recently, A Double Edged-Blade, and loved it just as much the second time around as I did the first.
But I had no idea there was a follow up novel, until the author mentioned it to me on Instagram.  So I immediately went about tracking it down.
And I’m glad I did.
Across a Moonswept Moor follows the story of Faith’s cousin, Fiona.  Fiona is still looking into the mystery of her cousin’s sudden disappearance during a mission in Ireland- and herself ends up travelling back in time- where she is reunited with Faith, but also is introduced to a Scotsman called Ian.
The romance between Ian and Fiona didn’t strike me as believable as Miles and Faith’s- because I think theirs built more gradually, whereas Ian and Fiona’s seemed quite sudden.  I wished for development between the two.
However, I did still enjoy it, and I loved seeing the characters from the first book again.
4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment