Thursday 17 March 2016

Marked In Flesh (The Others #4) by Anne Bishop

Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: ROC (10 Mar. 2016)
ISBN-10: 0451474473
ISBN-13: 978-0451474476

"Fourth in the flawless (The Reading Cafe) "New York Times "bestsellingseries from theauthor of "Vision in Silver. For centuries, the Others and humans have lived side by side in uneasy peace. But when humankind oversteps its bounds, the Others will have to decide how much humanity they re willing to tolerate both within themselves and within their community... Since the Others allied themselves with the "cassandra sangue," the fragile yet powerful human blood prophets who were being exploited by their own kind, the delicate dynamic between humans and Others changed. Some, like Simon Wolfgard, wolf shifter and leader of the Lakeside Courtyard, and blood prophet Meg Corbyn, see the new, closer companionship as beneficial both personally and practically. But not everyone is convinced. A group of radical humans is seeking to usurp land through a series of violent attacks on the Others. What they don t realize is that there are older and more dangerous forces than shifters and vampires protecting the land that belongs to the Others and those forces are willing to do whatever is necessary to protect what is theirs..."
Cover:  I love these covers.  They're even more stunning in person, and when you see the covers all together, and you see how Meg, develops on the covers, it matches her character growth in the stories.  I love it!

Ahh this series.
Wait an entire year for a book.  And then bam!!
It's over and done with for another year.
But I couldn't hold off reading this one, even if I wanted to.
This series has a special place in my heart.
It's just so completely unique.  I can honestly say I've not read anything else quite like it.
I bang on about this series to anyone that will listen to me.
If you haven't picked this series up- you really need to!!

This series never fails to deliver for me.
In this instalment - wow, some stuff really goes down with the HFL- Humans First and Last Movement are upping the anty against the terra indigene with some serious ramifications for human kind.

We get to see more of the Elders of the Wild County, the ancient terra indigene, and I have to say, they're pretty terrifying.

Also get to see more in the development of Simon and Meg's relationship...I ship them so hard!!!  Even though there's no 'romance' as such, things are developing there, and as much as I want, no NEED it to happen, each book is a slow burn heading in that direction, and I adore it as much as it frustrates me.

5/5 stars!  Favourite book of the year so far.

And now the wait for #5 begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment