Monday 4 April 2016

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole


Format: Kindle Edition
Print Length: 353 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1530496195
Publisher: Tillie Cole Ltd.; 1 edition (13 Mar. 2016)
ASIN: B01CXYSEB2

One kiss lasts a moment.
But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.

One boy.
One girl.
A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade.
A bond that neither time nor distance can break.
A bond that will last forever.
Or so they believe.

When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?

Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.

Standalone Young Adult Tearjerker Romance.
For ages 14 and up.


Cover:  I love a beautiful AND relevant cover.  And that's exactly what I get with this.
This was a young adult offering from Tillie…and I loved it.
Rune and Poppy are inseparable from the moment they meet at age 5.
They instantly connect.
Poppy is a vivacious character with a lust for life and adventure.
Rune is a more introverted, artistic type.
But together, they just work.
Until Rune’s family move back to Norway, separating them for two years.
When Rune comes back, everything is different, and heartbreak ensues.
This is quite the tear jerker.  It turned me into a right watering pot for a lot of this book.  Even chapter 1 had me tearing up.
This was a great Young Adult novel.  It was different to anything else I’ve ever read. 
I know a few people that have been disappointed with the ending, but while it was unconventional, I think that’s why I liked it.
While it wasn’t necessarily a traditional happily ever after, I thought it was beautiful.
4.5/5 stars.
Definitely one to read.  Tillie Cole has become one of my all time favourit authors.  She makes me fall in love with her characters, whether it's her Adult, New Adult and now her Young Adult books.

No comments:

Post a Comment