Sunday 18 March 2018

Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly


34187776


An original addition to the beloved Beauty and the Beast fairy tale, Lost in a Book follows the lonely, bookish Belle as she finds an enchanted book in the Beast’s library called Nevermore that carries her into a glittering new world. There, Belle is befriended by a mysterious countess who offers her the life she’s always dreamed of.

But Nevermore is not what it seems, and the more time Belle spends there, the harder it is to leave. Good stories take hold of us and never let us go, and once Belle becomes lost in this book, she may never find her way out again.



Cover:  I love how magical this book looks, and just the colours on it are beautiful.
I love Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.  It’s probably my favourite Disney film of all time, and when I was found out there was going to be a live action version, I was both massively excited, and scared.  But when I saw it, I fell in love with it.  I really feel the live action really was the perfect mix of the original animated movie, and the stage musical.  So I became a tad obsessed, and wanted to get hold of everything Beauty and the Beast related they brought out, including this book.
It’s set during the movie, just after the Beast gives Belle the library, and she comes across a magical book that transports her into its magical world, which Bella think is a brilliant escape from her imprisonment in the Beast’s castle, but what she doesn’t realise is that she’s a pawn in a deadly game between two sisters, Love and Death, and they are both determined to win.
I really enjoyed this little book.  It was nice to see an original story but with all the familiar characters I love.
It was a great little adventure and would recommend all fans of Beauty and the Beast check it out.
4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment