Tuesday 22 May 2018

TEASER TUESDAY: To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo




36120821

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read


- Open to a random pageShare two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.

Teaser from the 81% mark.

36120821




I stop dead and the rest of the crew stills alongside me.  Elian's gloved hand hovers dangerously close to mine, and though I feel the air spark and warm between us, I don't look at him.  I can't.  I can only stare ahead my feet elves farther into the snow the longer I stay still.  But I can't move either.  Ahead there are wonders.  There is the palace, carved from the last breaths of my goddess Keto.

Synopsis
Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most--a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen and or remain a human forever.
The ocean is the only place Prince Elian calls home, even though he is heir to the most powerful kingdom in the world. Hunting sirens is more than an unsavory hobby--it’s his calling. When he rescues a drowning woman in the ocean, she’s more than what she appears. She promises to help him find the key to destroying all of sirenkind for good--But can he trust her? And just how many deals will Elian have to barter to eliminate mankind’s greatest enemy?

No comments:

Post a Comment